Georgia's EU Integration Commission was created on July 10, 2004 (Governmental Decree N76). The Commission is chaired by the Prime Minister of Georgia. The Office of the State Minister on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration is in charge to deal secretariat's tasks of this Commission.
The Commission's tasks are as follows:
- facilitate a process of Georgian integration into the EU and coordinate the line ministries' activities in this regards;
- prepare the recommendations and proposals for the Government of Georgia
- facilitating effective cooperation of Georgia with EU and its Member States in the political, economic, cultural, legal and other fields:
- support implementation of the European Neighborhood Policy Action Plan (ENP AP) and discuss ongoing implementation process.
- facilitate implementation of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (PCA) between EU ad Georgia as well as harmonization of Georgian legislation with the EU acquis communautaire.
- discuss information on the implementation of the recommendations of the EU-Georgia Cooperation Council, Committee and Subcommittees.
- Other issues related to EU integration
To perform these tasks 42 sessions of the commission were held (May 16, 2012).
Members of the Commission:
- Prime Minister of Georgia, Chair
- State Minister of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Deputy Chair
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, deputy chair
- Minister of Energy of Georgia
- Minister of Justice of Georgia
- Minister of Education and Science of Georgia
- Minister of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia
- Minister of Internal Affairs of Georgia
- Minister of Labour, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia
- State Minister of Georgia for Reintegration
- Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs of Georgia
- Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia
- Minister of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees of Georgia
- Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
- Minister of Agriculture of Georgia
- Minister of Finance of Georgia
- Minister of Corrections and Legal Assistance of Georgia
- State Minister of Georgia for Diaspora Issues
- Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia
- Deputy State Minister of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration
- Head of the European Integration Coordination Department, Office of the State Minister of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretary of the Commission